Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Haven't Reached My Goals

Phase 1: Motivated and going gangbusters
Phase 2: Slippery Slope
Phase 3: Making up for lost time
Phase 4: Lost sight of goals
Phase 5: Back to Square 1

I think I am in Phase 3, but I FEEL like I am in phase 5. I need to revamp my goals. I have been really bad about reassessing my goals every few weeks. I let life get in the way. There is always something that will fill your schedule unexpectedly, so you have to learn to work with what you've got and make it work WELL.

I have been keeping a log of my diet, workouts, days I miss, etc. and I have discovered this: On average I workout out 4 days a week, I eat well for about 5 of 7 days. Every week something comes up - birthday, family get together, wedding out of town, paintball rally....SOMETHING.

Long term goal: [December 2009]
Reach goal weight of 115lbs
Sleep a consistent number of hours every night
Run in the morning 4 times a week
Learn to eat cottage cheese

Short term goal: [10 days - today through 9/5]
Lose 2 lbs before Philippine trip
Tactical Plan
Cut major starches and obvious carbs (Bagels, bread, pretzels)
Run 3 miles daily
Lessen emphasis on weight training

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Don't Condone Alien Lifeforms in My Fridge

Tonight I plan on taking everything out of my fridge that I know will not be eaten or that is on the verge of death. Lately I have focusing on maintaining a well-kept refrigerator and pantry. We have been busy entertaining and going out of town lately so I feel the need to take a deeper peek just to make sure I am still on track. I anticipate being pleased.

I love keeping my house clean. I was not always life this. When we were moving out of our old place we spent MONTHS throwing things away, taking things to good-will, handing items down to family, giving stuff away, or selling on craig's list. Now we are in our new place and only have what we want and need. No excess! It feels great!! It is SOOO much easier to get organized!

I am so frugal, I love living out of plastic drawer bins that I got from Walmart, but my husband shakes his head and says we need a dresser. *sigh* I'll have to take a picture of my closets and fridge to post here ^_^.

Cheers and happy weigh-in day!

Weight report: 122.4

No comments:

Post a Comment