Monday, August 31, 2009

RAWRRR!!!

Even with all the birthday parties and the sugar that comes with the celebrations, I have managed to keep a focus. I have hit the 3 mile mark every day with the exception of my rest day. Even last night! Yesterday I left my house at 8:30 to practice on the church piano (I was filling in for the pianist); after church I went to my parent's house for a birthday celebration for my dad; after lunch I took a couple of my younger cousins and one of our family friends out for some hangout time; after bringing them back I helped with the after-party clean up - DISHES!! Then I perused through my parent's luggage to find one I could use for our trip this Thursday. I finally got home around at 8:50. Without letting my brain think about it, I donned my running shoes and went down to our super awesome apartment fitness center. I put in that 3 miles and patted my self on the back for a run well done. I made excellent time. I am looking forward to tonight's run.

Feeling a little overwhelmed trying to wrap my mind around all that needs to be done before I leave the country (at work and home) *sigh*, but God is in control, I just need to trust that. [prov 3:5-6]

No comments:

Post a Comment