Monday, July 13, 2009

Short On Time

Saturday I only had a 1.5 hour window before meeting with my in-laws for a celebratory dinner. I spent 5 of those minutes trying to work the math in my head if I had time to hit the gym. It takes me 45 minutes to get ready if I do my normal routine and I don't rush it (shower, moisturize, wash/exfoliate face, moisturize, blowdry/style, make up, brush teeth). Which left 45 minutes...13 minute drive to gym, 13 minute return, leaving only 19 minutes to squeeze in a workout. ouch. I normally do cardio for 30 min after I've been hitting the weights. Ergh.

It didn't seem to make sense to waste the time. But I went anyway. I actually managed to get there, spend about 7 minutes lifting doing biceps only, then a quick hop on the bike for 20 minutes. That took 7 minutes of get-ready time, but I managed to shave off a few minutes and was looking spiffy in no time. We were only 5 minutes late and-- HA! --not because of me! ^_^ the husband couldn't find his shoes. cute.

I am SO glad I hit the gym. I was so proud of myself that I didn't let time get in the way of my goals. I will get there. I will be strong. I will reach my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment