Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Little Piece of "Real"

I miss running. I've been taking one day at a time - and taking each thing of the day one at a time. Breakfast, then pack Luke's lunch, then work, then lunch, then....etc. But nearly every day I get hit with the overwhelming despair...I can't use my legs.

It's gorgeous outside! Since we live on the 3rd floor, I can't even leave our apartment to go sit by the pool or even hit the fitness center or coffee station. If only the elevator was not such a great distance I might be able to make it if I took it slow.

I am trying my utmost best to keep a great attitude and usually am successful. That is, until I realize I had it in a compartment-ed box that falls down on top of me.

By the end of week 2 I really thought I had kicked this psychological frustration, but it keeps coming back. Running was just such a huge part of my day. Now I have hours of dead time. GET OVER IT, FAITH!!!

I NEED to get out of this rut!!


I am making a list of 25 things that I will do for the next 21 days, maybe the deadline will keep me from the debilitating moping. I refuse to be victimized by an injury!

  1. Finish Echo painting for mom
  2. Start creepy-circus painting
  3. Tune and learn one solo piece on the cello
  4. Put London scrapbook together for Mother's day gift (hmm...need to get a scrapbook and lignon free tape)
  5. Make a list of supplies for brother's graduation table
  6. Contact church youth to make sure on schedule for Youth Sunday
  7. Brainstorm how to finish the "green" painting for Phil. house
  8. Sort pictures for wedding album project
  9. Work towards pull-up goal of...10... (that's reasonable right? in 21 days?)
  10. Write a letter to each missionary we are supporting
  11. Our taxes & come up with a new system to track expenses so that 2011 taxes will be cake
  12. [Daily] Study Psalm 63
  13. Make real crepes
  14. Write an email to my mom in her native tongue [Ilonggo]
  15. Go through closet for items we don't wear --send to the Philippines
  16. Build something out of wood
  17. Make paper
  18. [Daily] Learn and use one vocab word that I have never used before
  19. Make new pillow cases (ours are on the fritz)
  20. Not be shlubby even though I'm just at home
  21. Plant an herb garden
  22. Learn a tango piece on the piano
  23. Read "A Severe Mercy" by Sheldon Vanauken (been trying to get to it since last fall)
  24. [Daily] Isometric exercise
  25. [Body allowing] Grill out!

To my readers...I am committed to end the moping sob story and instead finding a way to be active and healthy no matter how long it will take to recover from this injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment