Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sabotagers beware!!

So you set out to eat healthy, you come up with a great meal plan and you are now officially working out religously. You're on fire. And then, ol' pal janedoe and family invite you to lunch...or dinner...or a birthday party and you find yourself faced with delicious foods...fatty, greasy, sugary, delicious foods. What do you do?

First of all, there is no such thing as will power. You can't bank on your ability to say no. Reprogram yourself to avoid SITUATIONS. Example - If you are out to eat, ask for a to-go box to be brought out with your food, put half of it in the box to eat later. Then you won't have to muster will-power to stop eating.

Secondly, remind yourself multiple times before you go of what your goal is and what you REALLY want. I like eggrolls, but I like lean arms and a flat tummy way more. You only have 2 choices: 1) eat foods to reach the goal of being flabby or 2) eat foods that make you look good in your clothes.

Don't let social life sabotage your goals - STICK WITH IT! Yes, "just this one time" WILL hurt.

It's not depriving yourself when you avoid delicious foods...when you eat those foods you are depriving yourself of a strong body and the happiness you will feel when you are lean and look fabulous.

TODAY I have family in town that have been staying with my parents. They call me because everyone is going to lunch as a goodbye lunch...at the chinese buffet...I mustered the power to head straight for the steamed veggies, moogoo gai pan chicken, and a couple pieces of sushi. I was surprised at how full I was. I still wanted the egg roll, but a girl told me "eating good is really hard, but it must be done" and that motivated me to say no to the eggroll. I feel so proud of myself and so happy because tonight at the gym I wont be kicking myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment